Wednesday, April 1, 2009

LIFE LESSONS FROM THE CRUISE!


Our cruise started with a welcoming speech from the cruise director and his wife. They where responsible for all of the entertainment on the ship.

You saw them early in the morning and late at night. They even did the Sunday morning worship service. They had great attitudes and were focused on the needs of others.

They never seemed in a hurry, talked to everyone as they went by, and always made themselves available. I watched them on a daily basis and I am sure that they had a lot to take care of and worry about.

They always smiled, they where thoughtful, and seemed relaxed with their busy schedules.

They were working, but it did not seem that way. They enjoyed what they did. They where living their life with purpose; you could sense it.

It started me thinking about my life and work and how I go about my daily activities. Do I take the time to look, listen, and be available for people that I meet on a daily basis. Am I too much engrossed in my own life?

What I learned:

1. Be thankful for every moment and savor it.
2. Be attentive to the needs of others at all times, you might not get another opportunity.
3. Smile.
4. Don’t be in a hurry.
5. Have an attitude of gratitude.

Jacques
CreatingWealthThatLasts

1 comment:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Jacques ..that's so great you had such excellent cruise directors - I'm sure it made all the difference.

They obviously had passion about their work and so were happy and successful at it.

Yes - we only have one life and we might as well smile and be positive through it ...

Thanks .. it's great you're back and I look forward to more details on your trip ...

Hilary Melton-Butcher
Positive Letters