Tuesday, July 21, 2009

HUMAN INSIGHTS FOR SUCCESS: HOW WE RETAIN INFORMATION !



We retain information the following way:

1. 10% of what we read.

2. 20% of what we hear.

3. 30% of what we see.

4. 50% of what we see and hear.

5. 70% of what we say as we talk.

6. 90% of what we say as we do a thing.

How would the above apply to you? I do a lot of reading. I should be reading out loud. How about you?

Looking at the 90%, we should all be talking as we are doing a task that we want to retain information on. This applies to all aspects of our lives!

I am attempting to upgrade my computer skills. What I plan on doing is to talk to myself as I am learning a new program. If you are teaching someone, have them verbally repeat what they are doing.

I hope you are enjoying these short tidbits of information that we all need to internalize.

Jacques
CreatingWealthThatLasts

2 comments:

Marketing Unscrambled, Home edition said...

Hello Jacques,

Wow! That is a lot of information that we should all retain. Thank you for the good information. It sounds like it is a good thing to talk to yourself as you learn. It sticks better in the head.

Dan and Deanna "Marketing Unscrambled"

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Jacques .. again very interesting stats ..

thanks - Hilary Melton-Butcher
Positive Letters