Thursday, September 25, 2008

The debt free mindset !

Let's face it, starting up a steep slope is not easy and if the mountain is big it can get discouraging. You will get discouraged. I did !

Do I have to live like a miser? Do I really need to cut out that cup of coffee? No you don't but you can develop new habits. Stop drinking coffee. I can hear you now- Are you nuts !

Hey, it's a process. Just trying to get you to think. When I started jogging years ago I had a hard time to jog for three minutes ! Over a period of time I was able to run for close to 2 hours.

Same with being debt free. Tell yourself you are Debt Free and it is just a matter of time.

Are you an impulsive shopper? Concerned about keeping up with the neighbors? How important is your peace of mind ?

Some ideas:

1. Nothing feels as good as being debt free !

2. Ten seconds to use my credit card-1 year to pay it off.

3. If I don't need it, I don't buy it.

Getting the picture.

1 comment:

Bob Tetu said...

This is a great message during the current financial crisis which is a debt crisis at the core. Yes the government and banks sold mortages to people who couldn't afford them, but those people took the mortages and all the credit cards that came in the mail. So, American's need to get out of the victim headset, stop blaming the banks and Wall Street, grab a page out of your blog, and take change of their personal debt. Keep up the great message.