Thursday, September 25, 2008

How do I begin to get debt free?

There is a beginning to everything. Let's keep this simple. One thing that drove me crazy was tying to put a budget together. When I did the figures nothing added up. There was always more month left at the end of the money.

Step # 1. On a daily basis write down everything thing you spend.

This is so simple do not miss this step! I told you I started out small. I kept a small note pad with me and whenever I spent money I wrote it down. Stop to gas up, buy a newspaper, soda, shop at Walmart, groceries: You spend it-Write it down!

Tally up at the end of the month by catagories and you will be surprised at where your money went.

Have you been stopping at Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts on your way to work. Don't be surprised at the end of the month to find out you blew $60 to $70. This does not count your lunch?

Starting to get the picture?

This is where you start to find money that was disappearing.

No comments: