Wednesday, May 27, 2009

ARE YOU SERIOUS ABOUT SAVING MONEY?


Most people will tell you they are in debt and can’t save anything. How true is this? Look at your own situation. Where are you financially?

If you have any amount of credit card debt, get rid of it. How you may say can I do this? I can only make the minimum payments as it is. Get rid of your cell phone, get rid of your cable, stop going to the movies, etc.

Does this sound drastic to you? If it does you are not really serious about getting out of debt. Do you know that years ago people would be put in a debtor’s prison if they could not pay their debt. What if this was still true today, do you think people would think twice before incurring needless debt?

You don’t ask a broke person or someone who is debt on how to handle finances. People might look like they have it all together: nice house, nice cars, clothes, vacations, boats, you name it. Chances are they are in debt up their eyeballs.

How many pairs of jeans, shoes, shirts, coats, etc do you really need? If you are like me you probably have clothes that you have not worn in months.

One way to save money is not to spend the money you do have. Pretty profound huh! Learn from my mistakes, I was in debt on three different occasions in my lifetime and the last time I got out of debt I made a promise to myself and my family that we would live debt free from this point on.

You sleep better at night and have a clear conscious. Try it, I’m sure you’ll feel the same way.

Jacques
CreatingWealthThatLasts

No comments: