Saturday, January 17, 2009

BEING THANKFUL FOR GREAT HEALTHCARE !



We hear a lot of negative about the healthcare in the United States. I beg to differ.

Creating Wealth That Lasts requires living in good if not excellent health. I am just getting back from the hospital where I left my wife for the evening. This morning we left Bangor, Maine to drive to our home in Northern Maine and about a half hour into our travel my wife starting complaining of chest pains and shortness of breath.

As her symptoms increased, I turned around and headed back to Bangor to Eastern Maine Medical Center. The people in the emergency department where not only professional but very caring. The diagnosis was in irregular heartbeat and this was addressed quickly and efficiently.

My wife had been fasting for a week and had only had liquids and this I think was part of the cause of her symptoms. Thank GOD for good doctors and quick care. I travel to other countries and I must stress that, even with the problems that we may have, we still have the best medical care available.

Eastern Maine Medical Center has a policy that they do not refuse anyone medical care and this is a plus for people who may not have medical coverage and are concerned about having access to doctors in case of an emergency.

I am self employed and carry a medical policy with a high deductible and I am grateful that today I had access to medical care that literally saved my wife’s life.

Be grateful and thankful for the medical care in the United States.

Jacques
CreatingWealthThatLasts

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jacques

How is Claudette? I wish her a speedy recovery. Please send her my love.
You are right about being thankful about what we have here in the USA. I always say the United State is not a perfect country, But it is the Better Country.

Take care,
Giovanna Garcia
Imperfect Action is better than No Action

Anonymous said...

Claudette is doing very well. Just a nasty scare. Jacques !

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Jacques .. you've been through a most difficult time .. but I'm so pleased that your wife is better .. and I hope may continue long on that road to complete recovery.

It's good to hear that the medical system provided you both with your needs & save her life.

We did miss you .. look after Claudette - with thoughts - Hilary