Thursday, January 22, 2009

HOW TO DEAL WITH DOWN TIME !

We all have periods of time on a daily basis where we end up waiting for some reason or other. I spend a lot of time making calls to doctors offices for my client’s and I used to pick up a magazine and just read. ( Old magazines by the way ).

I finally realized that this was an opportunity to read those books, magazines, articles, etc. that I did not seem to be able to find the time to read. So now as I go to appointments, I always have reading material with me.

I also use this time to draft reports, letters, or other correspondence that I need to get done. When I am in a garage to have work done on my car, I have my client list with me and I make calls that normally I would do at my office.

I have learned to make a list of things that I can do when I am presented with “down time” and I make use of this. Actually, this tip was given to me by my wife who is an expert in multi-tasking and has been a mentor to me in this area.

You will be amazed to see how much you can accomplish with these little pieces of time that normally would just fly by.

Try it!
Jacques
CreatingWealthThatLasts

1 comment:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Thanks Jacques .. we do waste time - but we also need quiet time & so often there's music, others' noises (mobiles, ipods etc) going on - that our thoughts can't be filtered. I enjoy silence - but I too take down time to scan things I want to check out... use every minute is what we should aim for - thanks for your ideas