Friday, January 2, 2009

Creating Wealth That Lasts: Your Mind Set !

Wealth is multi-dimensional. Therefore, if you only have financial wealth, you will not have a full grasp of living a balanced life.

In today’s ultra competitive world, we are easily distracted by negative news and the declarations of the TV pundits who claim to have all the answers. Believe me if we knew all there is to know about the lives of these people, we would not be so quick to give them our allegiance.

There are experts in every field: Finances, Health, Family relationships, Spiritual, you name it, you’ll find one.

Where do we start? One step at a time. One of my objectives for this year is to get my diet in order. Although, I generally eat well ( my wife is my best advisor in this area ) I am not always consistent. I need to look 20-30 years ahead and prepare.

With the availability of multiple diets on the market and advice, where do I start? Eat less! Very simple. We all know the right food to eat, what’s the problem? Controlling the flesh.

If we neglect our health, we will not have the stamina, energy, and focus to fulfill our goals. Step # 1. Your health.

Although I am in Florida as I write this, I have had a hectic schedule over the last months. I operate 3 offices, 2 in Maine and one in New Brunswick, Canada. I spend a lot of time on the road and need to keep my energy level up and be very organized.

I am finding that what I eat transfers into what I can or cannot accomplish on any given day. The pizza tastes great but saps my energy. The fruit is not as tasty (to me at least) but it does provide the needed energy with no side effects.

As common sense as this may seem, we all need the discipline in this one area to really maximize our full potential!

Jacques
CreatingWealthThatLasts

No comments: