Sunday, February 22, 2009

HANDLING LIFE’S UNEXPECTED EMERGENCIES!


A few weeks back I wrote about the experience I had with my wife when she developed an irregular heartbeat. This had been an especially challenging time and with a lot of prayer and faith, we eventually got a good report.

This Friday I had planned my schedule tightly and I had a full weekend of reports and projects to work on that where time sensitive. We had gone up to our home in northern Maine, as we had carpenters coming in to do some work and we planned to spend the weekend there.

In the morning, my wife started to feel uneasy and we decided to drive right away to Bangor, a 3 ½ hour trip, in order to make plans to see her doctor. We encountered inclement weather on the way down and eventually ended up at the emergency room at Eastern Maine Medical Center.

My wife was taken in for tests and while we were waiting for the results, here comes my son, his wife, and three daughters into the emergency room. My daughter in law was having severe stomach pains and she was admitted as well. A few hours later my wife is in one room in the emergency room and my daughter in law in another room.

As if this wasn’t enough, my son Jason starts feeling very weak and ends up being admitted and also put into a separate room in the emergency ward. Come to find out he was fighting a severe stomach flu and was dehydrated!

My wife gets a good report and is discharged. We had come to the emergency room at 5 PM and it is now 9:30 P.M. My daughter in law was discharged at 10:30 P.M. ( she had some type of inflammation) and I stayed with my son until 1:15 A.M. and he was released after being stabilized.

Talk about a stressful situation. It puts life in perspective real quick and shows you what’s really important. Believe me when I say prayer works and God answers prayer.

My carefully planned schedule was suddenly changed but you know what, God had arranged this so that we would all be together at the same time when we all needed one another for support and comfort.

How to handle these emergencies and changed schedules? Trust in God, pray, and believe!

Jacques
CreatingWealthThatLasts

1 comment:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Gosh Jacques .. that must have been a bit of a nightmare time (understatement) .. but I'm so pleased you've all come through it.

Testing times and I'm so glad your faith stood the test of time and God looked after you all.

Thank goodness one adult was left standing .. and you were there as the rock supporting your family & especially your grandchildren.

Just look after yourselves ..
Be Positive Be Happy - Hilary