Wednesday, March 25, 2009

THE JOYS OF TRAVELING!


One of the nice aspects of life is the ability to travel. I am presently in Florida and I left Maine yesterday at 7 AM and arrived in Florida at 8 PM. My connecting flight in Philadelphia had problems and instead of a direct flight to Tampa, we ended up going to Charlotte, N.C. and then taking another plan to Tampa. Long day to say the least.

I was actually amazed by the reaction of fellow travelers. No one got upset that I could see and it was a peaceful but long day. I made friends with a young lady who was traveling with a 14 month old baby girl. They did marvelously; both Mom and the baby did.

At one point, the little girl was just laying on her mother sleeping and unawares of what was going on and the delay we where experiencing. It reminded me of how we have to rest in the Lord and not worry, get impatient, or panic.

We can learn much from observing others and I am sure people watch us for our reactions to life’s challenges and quirks. After observing this young baby and her complete trust in her mother, I told myself- why get stressed out about something beyond your control? Be at peace. My daughter was to have picked me up at the airport before going to work and we made other arrangements, as I was getting there 5 hours later.

I hadn’t been to Charlotte in a long time and I got to see it again. ( from the airport window!) Tomorrow I go on a 5-day cruise with my 26-year-old daughter. I am really looking forward to this.

Time to relax, reflect, share, and build a new dimension of friendship with my daughter!

Jacques

CreatingWealthThatLasts

1 comment:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Jacques .. gosh you probably travelled as far as the UK .. you could have come and visited?!

I like your comment on the new mother .. she'd obviously instilled calm into her child -so they were both at peace and just relaxed about the situation.

We do get stressed too unnecessarily .. all things will work out in the end .. late maybe but we'll get there ..

Thanks Jacques .. hope you're enjoying the cruise!

Hilary: Positive Letters