Monday, March 23, 2009

WHAT IS YOUR LEVEL OF COMMITMENT?


We all know that if we want to succeed at whatever we are doing we need some level of commitment. This could be trying to lose weight, succeeding in a sport activity, succeeding in business, marriage, or family.

There are different levels of commitment. Where are you? Do you know that in golf the difference between a Tiger Woods and the worst player on the tour is an average of just 2 strokes per round. Talent is a factor but practice is where the rubber meets the road. How much and how long do you think Tiger Woods practices? Do you think he just shows up at a tournament and hopes for the best? Not likely.

I have had to check my levels of commitment often. How much do I want what I am going after? If it is a burning desire- then it will require uncommon effort.

Sometimes just a little more is all that is needed. A little more willpower, a little less sleep, getting off of the couch and going for that walk; these are all small integral parts. Do not despise small things.

A friend of mine has spent a lot of time with her ailing mother. This is a major life commitment. For her it’s a series of small, everyday steps of obedience to do what is needed regardless of how she feels. Her level of commitment is very high.

Marriage is another area which requires uncommon commitment. There are no shortcuts. Raising a family requires above average commitment-time, courage, and lots of love.

Take note of your level of commitment and raise it up a notch.

Jacques
CreatingWealthThatLasts

1 comment:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Thanks Jacques .. I appreciate the comments .. I'm committed to my business too .. & keep plodding methodically away at it .. & it's enough - do as much as I can whenever I can, but always something .. - fortunately I don't have other distractions ..

though I must build in some exercise, and some reading - other than articles on the net ..

I just need to remain healthy in mind and body & that I'm committed to too ..

Enjoy your break .. my day will come for a long (probably!) holiday ..

Keep well .. Hilary: Positive Letters