Monday, March 2, 2009

WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU ARE ON OVERLOAD !


I live in northern Maine and one of the challenges in the winter months is the unpredictability of the weather. Recently we seem to be having a major snow storm every week. If you have the type of traveling schedule that I have, this can be very stressful, as I am always changing my appointments and since I am usually booked several weeks on advance, it really upsets my schedule.

Over the last weeks as I have been checking out my Facebook and Twitter accounts, I was amazed to see how many other people were getting fed up with snow and more snow. Since we cannot control the weather what can we do?

I have had to learn that God is always in control and therefore everything will be all right. If my schedule gets messed up, so be it. I have finally learned that if I focus on living in the moment I really can get by and still have a great day.

This applies to all the unexpected things that happen that disrupts our finally tuned schedules. Believe me if the time has come to go meet the Lord, your schedule will be permanently changed. For the better if you are a Christian.

Over the last weeks, besides the weather, I have had unexpected family issues and house issues to deal with. You know what? Everything worked out for the better and good has come of it.

If you have the winter blues or are experiencing unexpected challenges, relax, live in the moment, and appreciate that life is full of different seasons.

Hey, it’s bound to stop snowing sometimes!

Jacques
CreatingWealthThatLasts

3 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Jacques .. thanks for those comments re the weather and your faith ..

each day comes and goes .. and we must make the most of now .. tomorrow will be another positive now .. and as you say life improves and what were difficulties are forgotten about ..

I'm looking forward to our warning of heavy snow tomorrow .. I hope not! Keep going .. spring will arrive ..
Hilary - Be Positive Be Happy

Anonymous said...

You have lived this with the situation with your MOM. I am sure you have had to take it moment by moment.

Jerry Braack said...

Hi Jacques
Thanks for the insights and more importantly the outcomes. It goes to show... every cloud has a silver lining.
Jerry